Re: button box recommendation

Hi,

we found a very cheap option by wiring buttons to the inputs of an audio interface that records the electrical pulses from the button presses. The resulting signal onset time was then compared to the onset time of the stimulus which was recorded on two further audio channels. The audio signal was hence recorded by the audio interface along with the participants’ actions on the buttons. Therefore, the delay between the response signal and the stimulus do not have to be compensated, allowing for an exact measurement of the participants reaction times towards the onsets of the presented stimuli.

The method was used to produce the results in this paper: https://smartech.gatech.edu/handle/1853/52058

If someone is interested I can provide details of the circuit board.

Cheers
Fabian