Speech Recognition Scientist at Oben

Dear colleagues

Founded in 2014, ObEN is an artificial intelligence company based in one of the world’s most successful incubators: Idealab in Pasadena, CA. We are working on speech technologies that allow any Internet of Things to speak in any voice and in any language.

We are currently looking for a Research Scientist to work on Speech Recognition (mainly on Chinese).

As a Speech Recognition Research Scientist at ObEN, you’ll be working on several proprietary and stealthy projects in the audio space. Your work will encompass the whole scope of application development, including speech research, voice interface design, application prototyping, and development of our proprietary speech recognition engine.

You must have:

PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing or machine learning.
Solid experience building ASR systems (Chinese) and/or a publication record in the area.
Solid experience with Kaldi.
Strong machine learning background and familiar with standard statistical modeling techniques applied to speech.
Familiarity with linguistic phonetics.
Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java or Perl.
Knowledge of basic digital signal processing techniques for audio.
Enjoys a highly collaborative environment.

To apply please send the following to careers@xxxxxxx

I) Detailed resume and/or Linkedin profile.

II) Links to prominent scientific/professional contributions.

For more information about idealab and oben:
idealab: www.idealab.com
oben: www.oben.me

Thanks,

Fernando Villavicencio