Job Opportunity at Widex, Denmark, Audio Signal Processing and Technical Audiology Engineer

Dear list,
please review the following job opportunity.
Best wishes
Morten Løve Jepsen, Widex
--
Audio signal processing and technical audiology engineer

Join Widex and apply your skills within audio signal processing, technical audiology or hearing sciences to help millions of people who suffer from hearing loss. Hearing impaired listeners have very diverse listening needs resulting from different types of hearing loss. At Widex, you will have a chance to grow ideas for optimal audiological solutions aimed at the individual. Our vision is to increase every hearing impaired listeners’ quality of life.
Widex is a Danish hearing aid company with a strong tradition in the development and manufacturing of high-quality hearing aids and effective audiological solutions. Widex is one of the world's largest manufacturers of hearing aids, with devices sold in more than 100 countries. We have a proud history of innovations within audiology, in both digital and wireless technology.
In this position, your tasks will be related to:
-Inventing of signal processing solutions that exploit technological advances of modern DSPs.
-Specification and implementation of audio-processing algorithms.
-Experimental evaluation of the benefits of innovative solutions.
-Design of technical audiology solutions with focus in the individual hearing-care professional and end user.
-Opportunities to integrate hearing, audiology and signal processing sciences.
This position is within the Hearing Loss Compensation team, which is part of the Electronics and Audiology Department. The team consists of audiologists and engineers in the fields of electrical engineering, acoustics and digital signal processing. Our focus is on world-class hearing aid sound.
About you
We are looking for a team member with a background within one or more relevant fields, such as technical audiology, audio signal-processing, Psychoacoustics or hearing science. The preferred candidate has an educational background at M.Sc. or Ph.D. level in Engineering or equivalent. Programming experience is required (e.g., Matlab, C++).  You should find your motivation and passion in innovation and user-oriented problem solving. You can expect to become part of a team covering many technology fields. It is therefore a great advantage to enjoy team work. Additional personal attributes are creativity, motivation to improve audiological treatment, and sense of quality. We are a global company, and we therefore expect you to be fluent in written and spoken English. Widex has a bilingual working environment, with both Danish and English. Skills in Danish are not a requirement.
About us
We offer an attractive workplace with skilled colleagues in an informal working environment, promoting independence and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to join a company with a clear growth strategy. You will be part of a high-performance team, with room to apply your talent and experience to influence short- and long-term concepts and products within advanced audiological solutions of Widex.
Salary will be in accordance with your qualifications and experience. We offer a highly advantageous pension scheme with health insurance, popular sports and arts clubs, and very good canteen facilities. The Widex headquarters are located in Lynge, north of Copenhagen.
If you have any additional questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Morten Løve Jepsen, Team Leader, at +45 4435 5600 or by e-mail at moje@xxxxxxxxx.

Please submit your application as soon as possible, and by August 8th, 2016 at the latest. We will review and interview as applications come in, so don’t hesitate to apply now. We look forward to receiving your application.

https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=227&ProjectId=180762&DepartmentId=5251&MediaId=5

This email, inclusive of attachments, is intended for the person(s) stated above and contains information that may be confidential, privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Unauthorized reading, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information may violate rights to proprietary information.
If you are not an intended recipient, please return this email to the sender and delete your copy.
Thank you.