Re: Individualized HRTF measurements

Hi Thibaud, years ago i carried out HRTF's measurements using microphones Knowles FG3329 and I have used other similar microphones by the same company. You can find a description of the procedure in http://www.isr.umd.edu/Labs/NSL/Files/grassi_ICAD2003.pdf
The microphones were surrounded by a layer of swimming ear plug silicon and then embedded into silicon moulding material (normally used for making ear impressions for hearing aids). The compound hardens within minutes, conforming to the shape of the ear canal and sealing it.
For hygiene purposes, the ear molding impression material was changed for each subject (also to have a better seal of the earcanal). The microphone itself never came into contact with the ear canal, and we cleaned the wires with alcohol.
Hope this helps, good luck with your measurements.
-elena