post-doctoral position

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to announce a post-doctoral fellow position in my laboratory. It will be a 1-year position (with potential to extend to 2 or 3 years) opening up later this year on the role of bottom-up and top-down neural processing during auditory scene analysis. The project uses psychophysics, event-related brain potentials (ERPs), functional mangentic resonance imaging (fMRI), and computational modeling, with the fMRI and modeling portions of the projects being done in collaboration with the Rotman Research Institute in Toronto and Johns Hopkins University.

For this position, we desire a recent Ph.D. recipient with excellent experimental and computer programming skills, and a promising track record of publications in Psychology, Speech and Hearing, Neuroscience, or another field related to the project. Specific experience with ERPs, fMRI, and/or advanced data analysis techniques (electromagnetic brain source analysis, time-frequency/spectral analysis, connectivity/coherence analysis) is desirable but not required.

Salary and benefits are competitive and start date is somewhat flexible. Any potential candidate can simply email me a brief statement of interest and a CV.

Best,
Joel
Joel S. Snyder, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Associate Coordinator of Experimental Psychology Ph.D. Program
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 Maryland Parkway Mail Stop 5030
Las Vegas, NV 89154-5030
Telephone: (702) 895-4692