Call for Papers - ACM TVX 2016 Wor kshop “Bringing Artistic Experience into th e TV Set”

Call for Papers - ACMTVX 2016 Workshop “Bringing Artistic Experience into the TV Set”

Smart TV and interactive arts can share common features, but need to address more complex issues on the contents organization, production, and subsequent interaction. Given that aesthetic experiences and media-artistic approach to the TV set, the purpose of our workshop is to gather the professionals in media arts, information technology and TV manufacturers to share their best practices and innovative visions for the future collaboration. The workshop focuses, but is not limited to provocative ideas on the use of inter-media arts on the smart TV interface and contents, interaction and overall system design issues. With the cultivating creative ideas from the workshop, more efforts will be made to build up creative arts and technology communities.

For ACM TVX 2016, we invite arts, IT related professionals and TV manufacturers to submit short papers, PPTs, video presentations or portfolios on any views that can bring artistic experience into the TV set. Possible topics may include, but are not limited to, Arts as Online TV Contents, Media Arts and UI/Interaction Design for Online TV application, Arts and Online TV Social Networking, and Specific Fields of Application.

We are searching for scholarly and artistic contributions that deal with the relation between the production, distribution or reception of sounds, images, culture and society, technology, religion, new media arts or politics. The broader aim is to establish aesthetic experience of arts as a bridging medium that provides us with challenging perspectives on the smart TV interface and contents, interaction and overall system design.

Extended Deadline
Potential contributors are invited to submit by March 14, 2016.
For more information, visit website http://rise.hanyang.ac.kr/tvx-2016-workshop
To submit a workshop paper, please contact ejeong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Eunju Jeong, Ph.D., MT-BC
Assistant Professor
Department of Arts & Techno­logy
School of Industrial Information Studies­
Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea