Ph.D. opportunity in active hearing

Dear All,

Tom Freeman and I are looking for a motivated individual interested in doing a PhD in ‘active hearing’ at Cardiff University, School of Psychology.

The project examines how vestibular and motor system activity is integrated the auditory perception of space and motion as listeners move their heads. We use real-time measurements of head movements to update the movement and position of sound sources within a 48-channel speaker array, using a dedicated laboratory facility.

There is opportunity to extend the project to examine audio-visual integration in active perceivers.

Application deadline is March 16th.

Further details can be found here:

http://psych.cf.ac.uk/degreeprogrammes/postgraduate/research/docs/School%20-%20Freeman.pdf

Please contact Tom Freeman (freemant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) or John Culling (cullingj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) for further information.

Prof. John Culling

School of Psychology, Cardiff University

Tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4556

Yr Athro John Culling

Yr Ysgol Seicoleg, Prifysgol Caerdydd

Ffôn : +44 (0)29 2087 4556