Here are a sample of creativity of Dr. Faustus and his picture :-)
Понедельник, 11 января 2016, 10:16 UTC от Valerio Velardo U1370329 <Valerio.Velardo@xxxxxxxxx>:
University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.Dear all,
this is a reminder of the CfP for the inaugural issue of the Journal of Creative Music Systems.Deadline for submission of papers: 31st January 2016
Call for Papers - Inaugural IssueJournal of Creative Music Systems (http://jcms.org.uk/)
The Journal of Creative Music Systems (JCMS) is a new open-access journal publishing peer-reviewed articles on computational creative systems in the domain of music. JCMS is intended to serve as a forum for scholarly dialogue regarding the most important emerging issues in the field.
JCMS is intended to focus on computer systems which generate, perform or analyse music, and which either demonstrate a distinct degree of creativity or which shed light on the nature of creativity. Both empirical articles, which focus on the design and implementation of new techniques; as well as theoretical papers, which investigate the scientific and philosophical foundations of music-creative systems, are encouraged. In recognition of the inherent interdisciplinarity of the field, JCMS encourages submission of articles at the intersection of different disciplines, such as music (theory, analysis, history), artificial intelligence, music information retrieval (MIR), cognitive science, evolutionary theory, mathematics and philosophy.
TopicsFor the journal’s inaugural issue, topics of submissions may include, but are not limited to:
- systems capable of generating music;
- systems capable of performing music;
- systems capable of (online) improvisation;
- systems capable of analysing music;
- robotic systems;
- systems implementing societies of virtual musicians;
- systems that enhance the musical creativity of human users;
- music recommendation systems;
- systems implementing computational aesthetics, emotional response, novelty/originality;
Types of Submissions
- surveys of state-of-the-art techniques in the area;
- validation methodologies;
- philosophical/mathematical foundations of creative music systems;
- evolutionary models for music creative systems;
- cognitive models for music creative systems;
- studies on the applicability of music-creative techniques to other research areas;
- new models for improving music creative systems.JCMS accepts articles, research reports, reviews and tutorials. Articles should make a major theoretical or empirical contribution to knowledge. Research reports should describe research which is in a preliminary phase. Reviews provide critical commentary on scholarly books, articles and events such as conferences relevant to the field. Tutorials are intended to illustrate new technologies relevant to CSMC.
Deadlines for Inaugural Issue
- Submission of papers: 31st January 2016
- Reports from referees sent to authors: 31st March 2016
- Submission of revised papers: 15th April 2016
- Expected publication date: May 2016Please visit the JCMS website (http://jcms.org.uk/) for a description of the journal, instructions to authors and submission guidelines.
Further InformationFor any enquiries, please contact Valerio Velardo, Associate Editor, at associate-editor@xxxxxxxxxxx.
Best wishes,Valerio Velardo
This transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and remove it from your system. If the content of this e-mail does not relate to the business of the University of Huddersfield, then we do not endorse it and will accept no liability.