Re: [AUDITORY] CfP - Inaugural Issue of the Journal of Creative Music Systems

This small debate has really sparked my imagination and I would be greatly interested in a lengthier conversation on this topic. There are many questions that pop-up in my mind right now. Is music only music to a human's ears? Doesn't music primarily originate from sociological and cultural characteristics of human beings? Can this origin ever be mixed with algorithmic reproduction of sounds? Can you even call these sounds "music"? etc.

Are there any publications on these topics already? If not, maybe this upcoming journal should feature a couple of articles.

Sincerely,
Dimitris