Re: [AUDITORY] multichannel continuous play in Matlab

I have had good luck with psychportaudio.
http://docs.psychtoolbox.org/PsychPortAudio

Philip Robinson

On 24 Nov 2015 9:49 am, "John Culling" <CullingJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear all,

We have been using Playrec for doing multichannel continous i/o in Matlab, but,

as I understand it, Playrec is no longer supported and will not be available for 64-bit

Matlab. 32-bit Matlab is also being withdrawn, so we are looking for another

solution. There appear to be two.

The DSP toolbox has facilities for multichannel continuous play and record. I have

had some success with this already.

The Data Acquisition toolbox also seems to have multichannel continuous play and

record. There seems to be more extensive documentation about this.

Does anyone know…

1) whether we need to switch systems (i.e. is playrec still usable somehow with 64-bit

Matalb)?

2) what the differences are between the DSP and Data Acquisition toolbox solutions?

Which is easier or more flexible or more likely to have long-term support?

John.

Prof. John Culling

School of Psychology, Cardiff University

Tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4556

Yr Athro John Culling

Yr Ysgol Seicoleg, Prifysgol Caerdydd

Ffôn : +44 (0)29 2087 4556