lab flooring

Dear colleagues

A bit of an odd question perhaps, but I am building new labs, and wonder if anybody has any recommendations about flooring. An obvious concern is to reduce noise from footsteps, both outside the lab spaces in the corridors, but also inside. Our institution will not let us use carpeting due to health concerns (which is to say, the union won't clean them, so they are a perfect environment for microbes). So we need something washable, too. If anybody has any suggestions that would be very useful.

Thanks

Robert

--
Robert Zatorre, PhD