Re: Optimal sweep duration for BRIR measurements

Perhaps it's obvious, but I have to mention it because no one else has. The sweep should be longer than the response that is being measured.  For a room,  one second is pretty short.  For an HRTF,  probably ok. For concert halls we often use 4-8 seconds,  which gives good signal to noise ratios, but is not so long that the likelihood of an interupting noise becomes high.

Have you asked Farina? I'm sure he would be happy to advise.

Best,
Philip