SMT-V - New Video Journal of the Society for Music Theory

Forwarded from the Society for Music Theory:

I am extremely pleased to announce that the first issue of SMT-V, the new (and newly rechristened) peer-reviewed scholarly video journal of the Society for Music Theory, is now available. Inaugurating this new journal is a video by Elizabeth Hellmuth Margulis entitled "Repetition & Musicality," which, like her recent award-winning book On Repeat: How Music Plays the Mind, shines the music-scholarly spotlight squarely on the relatively understudied role that repetition plays in musical works and musical experience.

You are warmly invited to both watch Prof. Margulis's 11-minute video on Vimeo<https://vimeo.com/120517523> and subscribe to SMT-V’s podcast on iTunes<https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/smt-v/id971753307?mt=2>.

This journal’s initiation is indebted to an ensemble cast and crew, including "I’ll attempt to keep this to the electronic equivalent of the 45-second limit on Oscar speeches" the foresight of and encouragement from SMT’s president Poundie Burstein and its Publication Committee, chaired by Matthew Shaftel, and technical support and counsel from Sean Atkinson, Brian Moseley, and especially SMT-V’s brilliant associate editors, Anna Gawboy and Bryn Hughes.

Your submissions to SMT-V are strongly encouraged. Our submission guidelines, plus more information about the journal’s purpose and peer-review process, can be found here<https://societymusictheory.org/smt-v-purpose>.

Respectfully submitted,

-Scott

===

Scott Murphy
Editor, SMT-V: Society for Music Theory Videocast Journal
Director, Music Theory and Composition Division
Associate Professor, Music Theory
University of Kansas
smurphy@xxxxxx<mailto:smurphy@xxxxxx>

Stefanie Acevedo