Research Audiologist position (Cirrus Logic, Australia)

Dear List,

I tried sending this yesterday but it didn’t seem to make it through (so apologies in advance for re-posting if it did indeed get through!)...

You or someone you know may be interested in the following full-time position:

Research Audiologist to join Cirrus Logic R & D team in Australia

Based in Melbourne, Australia, the Dynamic Hearing group develops advanced signal processing algorithms and software solutions for mobile and wearable audio devices.  The team includes Audiologists, Signal Processing Engineers and Applications Programmers who work closely together through all stages of product development, from concept to delivery.  Our embedded software is deployed on Cirrus Logic best-in-class Audio ICs which you’ll likely find inside your favourite audio devices.

We’re seeking an experienced and motivated Audiologist to join our team.  The role will involve working with other team members on research projects and product evaluations.  The candidate will be an integral team player and will be involved with projects and studies from their conception through to completion.  The candidate will be expected to formally document studies, requiring the production of formal reports for commercial use or for scientific publication. This is a highly varied role requiring the candidate to evaluate new product concepts, involving both verification and validation through human factor studies. Development of new ideas is encouraged.

The Audiologist appointed to this role will have a proven ability to carry out research and be comfortable working with our volunteer subjects.

Essential attributes:

•             Post graduate qualification in Audiology

•             Excellent written and verbal communication skills

•             Ability to work both independently and as part of a team

•             Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills

•             A familiarity with data analysis, statistical and graphical software packages

Desired attributes:

•             Experience working in audio labs and familiarity with sophisticated acoustic test equipment and software

•             Clinical experience and interest in assisting in our small clinical practice.

For further information about this role please contact Tom Harvey on (03) 8420 8500.

Please email your application citing ‘Research Audiologist’ in the message title to Dynamic.HearingCareers@xxxxxxxxxx

Or post your application to:

HR Manager

Cirrus Logic (Dynamic Hearing) Pty. Ltd.

2 Chapel Street

Cremorne, Victoria, 3121

Justin A. Zakis, Ph.D.
Principal DSP Engineer & Scientific Research Lead
2 Chapel St, Cremorne, VIC 3121, Australia
Cirrus Logic (Dynamic Hearing) Pty Ltd |
cirrus.com | +61 3 8420 8500

This message and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information that is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient you must not: read; copy; distribute; discuss; take any action in or make any reliance upon the contents of this message; nor open or read any attachment. If you have received this message in error, please notify us as soon as possible on the following telephone number and destroy this message including any attachments. Thank you. Cirrus Logic International (UK) Ltd is a company registered in Scotland, with registered number SC089839 and its registered office at Westfield House, 26 Westfield Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2QB, UK.  Tel: +44 (0)131 272 7000. cirrus.com