R&D Audiologist position at Oticon in Denmark

R&D Audiologist Position at Oticon

Take part in defining and developing new audiological systems and features in R&D

We are looking for a new colleague to join our 12-member audiological requirement group within the Research & Development (R&D) organisation in Oticon. Joining this group, you will be part of an encouraging team that values a close and engaged cooperation and a positive atmosphere.

Audiology is in the DNA of Oticon. The audiological requirement group is key in defining the audiology in all new products and therefore plays a central role in making Oticon world leading in audiology.

The role
As our new R&D audiologist, your main responsibility will be to establish key audiological features in our hearing instrument technology to benefit our customers and end-users.

You will apply your knowledge and experience with hearing instruments, end-users and hearing care professionals (HCP) towards the creation of audiological solutions in our hearing instruments.

Always seeking to increase the benefit for the end-users, you will integrate the most recent research in the field into audiological systems and features in our hearing instruments.

In short, the main responsibilities cover:

·         Work within R&D projects to define, design, develop and verify new audiological systems and features – in collaboration with other audiologists and disciplines

·         Develop, refine and manage requirements for hearing instrument technology in particular requirements for the end-users

·         Provide sparring for development projects on audiology and end-user needs

·         Apply your knowledge and experience with hearing instruments, end-users and HCP to create innovative hearing solutions

·         Drive smaller-scale development projects

The successful candidate will have the ability to collaborate closely with a broad range of stakeholders within R&D and Marketing and integrate their inputs to the creation of new audiological solutions.

Are we looking for you?
To handle your future challenges, we expect you to hold at least a Master’s degree in audiology, psychoacoustics or similar, preferably in combination with 2-3 years of experience from research (for instance Ph.d. studies), clinical audiology or from clinical practice with hands-on experience in the fitting of digital hearing instruments.
You adapt easily to changes and new challenges in a positive way. You are comfortable working in an interdisciplinary international environment and communicate, argue and present your opinions in a strong and convincing way.
You find it easy to structure your workday, and have the determination and courage to be self-reliant when it is necessary and involve other stakeholders when it is needed.
We expect you to speak and write English fluently. Danish is not a prerequisite.

For further information and for applying please find the job add here :

http://www.oticon.com/about/job-and-career/jobs/job-document.aspx?publishingid=1110&languagekey=en-GB

On our job portal jobs.oticon.com

Best regards

Ole Fogh Olsen

Director, Head of Audiological Requirements

Audiology & Embedded Systems

Oticon A/S
Kongebakken 9

DK-2765 Smørum