Re: perceptual evaluation of cochlear models

Thanks Josh, John, and Rohr! We'll take a look at these.

Cheers,

Mark

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Joshua Reiss <joshua.reiss@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mark,
You probably know about this already, but in these two papers we tried to position sources in a stereo mix by reducing the spatial masking. However, we didn't use a formal auditory model of spatial masking.

E. Perez Gonzalez and J. D. Reiss, A real-time semi-autonomous audio panning system for music mixing, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing,  v2010, Article ID 436895, p. 1-10, 2010.

 S. Mansbridge, S. Finn and J. D. Reiss, "An Autonomous System for Multi-track Stereo Pan Positioning," 133rd AES Convention, San Francisco, Oct. 26-29, 2012.

From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mark Cartwright <mcartwright@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 02 October 2014 00:36
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: perceptual evaluation of cochlear models

Hello auditory list,

So, in regards to Francesco's third item (the role of space), what is the latest research in partial loudness and masking in regards to spatial position/separation? Does a model exist yet for which an angle of separation is input and its effect on partial  loudness and masking is output (e.g. either a binary yes/no release from masking or the change to the masking threshold, etc.)? Or any similar function...?

Thanks!

Mark