for source separation in reverberant environments,” in Audio Engineering Society Convention 128.

I wonder why nobody applied these ideas in the subsequent challenges.

Dick

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Pierre Divenyi <pdivenyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dick,

I found this article
Hummersone, C. (2010). “Dynamic Precedence Effect Modeling for Source Separation in Reverberant Environments “, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUDIO, SPEECH, AND LANGUAGE PROCESSING, VOL. 18, NO. 7.
-Pierre

From: "Richard F. Lyon" <dicklyon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM
To: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Precedence effect in real systems?

I'm trying to find examples of where models of the precedent effect have been applied to binaural or multi-microphone sound separation or enhancements systems.  Looking at recent REVERB and CHiME challenges, I'm not finding much.

Can anyone point me at successes or failures of precedence effect models in systems that have actually been evaluated in some task relative to other approaches?

Dick