Terhardt article

Dear List,

Bosi and Goldberg, in their book Introduction to Digital Audio
Coding and Standards quote a formula for the auditory threshold
as taken from

E. Terhardt, "Calculating Virtual Pitch", Hearing Research, Vol. 1,
pp. 155-182 (1979).

The formula is quoted as

A(f) = 3.64(f)^-0.8 - 6.5*exp^(-0.6(f - 3.3)^2) + f^4/1000 dB

where f is given in kHz. Has anyone checked this formula out?

Since I'm interested in both virtual pitch and the threshold, I'd
like to read the Terhardt paper.

Does anyone have a PDF of it they can send me?

Thanks much,

Jim

James W. Beauchamp
Professor Emeritus of Music and Electrical & Computer Engineering
email: jwbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxx (also: jwbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
phone: +1-217-344-3307
Skype: jwbeauch
WWW:  http://ems.music.uiuc.edu/beaucham