CIRMMT Director Search, McGill UNiversity, Montreal, Canada

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Mary-Beth Campbell, Ms." <mary-beth.campbell@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: CIRMMT Director Search
Date: 2014 March 11 at 3:18:18 PM EDT

MESSAGE FORWARDED ON BEHALF OF DEAN SEAN FERGUSON, CHAIR OF THE CIRMMT BOARD:

Dear members of the CIRMMT community,

I'm writing to provide you with some information regarding the Directorship of CIRMMT. Prof. Marcelo Wanderley has indicated that he will not renew his term as Director after this year. I am extremely grateful to him for having taken on this important responsibility during an important period in CIRMMT's history. Following discussions with CIRMMT Executive and with the university – and following approval by the CIRMMT Board – we are launching a search for a new Director. This will be a tenure-stream position in the Schulich School of Music in the Digital Humanities in Music. It is linked to a Tier 1 or 2 Canada Research Chair in the Digital Humanities in Music (i.e. the successful candidate will be nominated for a CRC) at the level of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. The Digital Humanities are a strategic research area at McGill and at the Schulich School of Music. Please note that we are defining the digital humanities in music as broadly as possible, to include the interaction between computing and musicology, theory, ethnomusicology, performance, pedagogy and/or information science.

The position (attached) will be posted as of Thursday, March 13, 2014. We would like to ask for your help in spreading the word as widely as possible and will provide a template text to use for email messages, if you wish. In order to track the applications, I would like to ask you to let us know at dean.music@xxxxxxxxx of any outstanding candidates that you have contacted. This will help us to know who may be interested and to monitor whether they have applied or not.

It is extremely important that we recruit the finest possible candidate to lead CIRMMT into the future. Please do your utmost to help us reach qualified candidates.

With best regards,

Sean Ferguson

Chair, CIRMMT Board
Dean, Schulich School of Music