Re: psychoacoustically driven temporal approximation

Hello Alberto,

This brings to mind a page of Dan Ellis, on imposing cepstral features on white noise:
http://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/matlab/rastamat/

Graham Coleman

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM, JesterN Alberto Novello <jestern77@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
i'm trying to find a way to approximate the sample values of an audio waveform in time domain.
I want a method that takes care of approximating perceptually-relevant audio bands better than others.
Basically a spectral-weighted temporal approximation method.
In my head it's not clear how to connect frequency components to specific samples in the time domain.
Any DSP wizard out there with a good idea/papers ?
Best regards
Alberto

ALBERTO NOVELLO / JesterN
site: jestern.com
shop: jestern.bandcamp.com
audio: soundcloud.com/jestern
video: vimeo.com/jestern

If for any reason you wish not to receive any more messages from this email, please send an email with REMOVE as subject. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Se per qualsiasi ragione non desideri ricevere piu' messaggi da questo indirizzo, mandami un messaggio con REMOVE nel soggetto. Mi scuso per il disturbo.