Audio Research Internship Positions Available at Beats Labs, Santa Monica, CA

Beats Electronics is currently recruiting summer interns in the DSP Research Team in Santa Monica, California. Our group is involved mostly in the following R&D areas:

- speech enhancement (microphone arrays, noise reduction, echo cancellation)

- spatial audio reproduction (loudspeaker arrays, virtual acoustic simulation, headphone surround sound)

- audio and speech classification (automatic speech recognition, source separation, CASA)

- loudspeaker measurement and correction (nonlinear system identification, loudspeaker modeling and enhancement)

- biometric signal processing (using acoustic and non-acoustic sensors)

The team works within Beats Labs, a group of engineers dedicated to creating innovative new technologies that can transform the audio experience in our speakers, headphones, and partner products in mobile, automotive, and PC.

We are looking for Ph.D. students with a strong background in audio and speech processing to join us from May to August this summer.  This is a unique opportunity to work closely with engineers in every stage of the product development lifecycle at a high profile audio brand.  Past internships have led to patents, publications, and full time offers of employment.

Candidates should send their applications to Daniele Giacobello daniele.giacobello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or Josh Atkins josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a CV and cover letter.

Thanks,

Daniele Giacobello, Ph.D. | Sr. Research Engineer

beats by dr. dre
1601 Cloverfield Blvd. Suite 5000N
Santa Monica, CA 90404
C: 949-413-7230