Re: Physics of the sound of footsteps

Hello Linda,

you might be interested in Giordano et al. (2012, JASA; below), in the work of Yon Visell (http://re-touch-lab.com/publications/), and in this book on walking in virtual environments: http://www.springer.com/engineering/robotics/book/978-1-4419-8431-9

Best,

	Bruno

@ARTICLE{giordano2012identification,
author = {B. L. Giordano and Y. Visell and H. Y. Yao and V. Hayward and J. Cooperstock and S. McAdams}, title = {Identification of walked-upon materials in auditory, kinesthetic, haptic and audio-haptic conditions},
  year = {2012},
  volume = {131},
  pages = {4002--4012},
  journal = {Journal of The Acoustical Society Of America}
}