thank you very much for your e-mail. I checked the website. They offer a lot of speech databases for many different purposes. Unfortunately, I don't have a budget to buy a database. I am looking for a free database at least free for research purposes.

Best,
Kamil

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Daniel Shub <Daniel.Shub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Linguistic Data Consortium at UPenn https://www.ldc.upenn.edu/ has a huge inventory of speech databases. I think the Articulation Index (catalog number LCD2005S22 and ISBN 1-58563-346-1) provides material that would meet both of your aims. It has 20 speakers with a set of approximately 2000 syllables in common to all speakers and approximately 20 unique syllables spoken by only a single speaker. The syllables were spoken both in the middle of a carrier phrase and in “isolation” (i.e., after a short pause at the end of the carrier phrase). The recordings were  manually segmented to isolate the target syllable. There is also approximately 10 minute of conversational speech for each talker.

From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kamil Adiloglu
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:40 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AUDITORY] Phoneme database

Dear list,

I am looking for a phoneme database to train a supervised machine learning method for ASR. There is the well-known TIMIT database, which contains the phoneme labels for each recording, but an isolated phoneme database would be much better for me. I also found some websites mentioning  the Oxford Acoustic Phonetic Database or the University of South Florida Audiovisual Phone Database, but no clue about how to find the databases themselves. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Kamil Adiloglu

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.