Re: [AUDITORY] Localizing smoke detectors - why is it so hard?

In my house, all of the smoke detectors are in reverberant field conditions and are a point source, on a surface, in stairwells. The sound wave would appear to come from 'everywhere' over my head. I have the same trouble locating the microwave over by ear. The results are skewed because I know where the devices are however.

Kevin