Re: [AUDITORY] MIDI Drum Pads: Delay and temporal resolution

Hello,

to get the lowest possible latency while still running everything on a
bog-standard PC, why not glue a microphone to something like a drum
skin, and feed the signal to the sound card input?  You'll be down to
the buffering delay of the sound card, which may be changeable in the
OS; it's cheap and portable.  Put the gain high enough, detect taps by
simple thresholding.  Max/MSP could be used easily, though I don't
know what latency that would introduce.  Makes it easy to control and
record time differences.

Someone down at CIRMMT down on Sherbrooke Str. can probably help you.
Maybe one of Philippe Depalle's or Marcelo Wanderley's students?

Cheers,
Joachim.

--
Joachim Thiemann :: http://jthiem.bitbucket.org ::