Re: TTS as surrogate for noise exposure measurement

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I've mentioned all the suggestions to my correspondent, and
provided him with a simple Daqarta setup for measuring his
relative threshold.  I've described how to use that to
measure TTS by "before" and "after" threshold measurements.
He can easily change test frequencies, or switch to various
noise sources including band-limited noise.

I've also described how to do a "transfer calibration" to
calibrate the system for audiometry, by measuring
thresholds at audiogram frequencies and comparing to a
fresh (clinical, calibrated) audiogram.

Thanks again, and best regards,

Bob Masta

            D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
           www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator
    Science with your sound card!