RA in Speech, Hearing and Aging research at IHR Nottingham

Dear all,

Please see the job ad below. Any questions, please just ask me. Apologies for any cross-posting

Antje Heinrich

Senior Investigator Scientist

MRC Institute of Hearing Research

Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK

+44 (0)115 922 3431

MRC Institute of Hearing Research

Nottingham University Section

Research Assistant - Auditory Processing in Normal Humans

Salary:                     £21092 - £23506

Hours:                      Full time (12 months fixed term)

Closing date:             19 April 2013

Interview date:          13 May 2013

Ref:                         IRC90390

A research assistant position is available to work with Dr. Antje Heinrich on a project entitled “Hearing, Remembering, and Living Well: Paying Attention to Challenges of Older Adults in Noisy Environments”. This position is for a fixed term of one year and is funded by a grant from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC). You will provide direct research support for a project designed to investigate peripheral (hearing-related) and cognitive contributions to speech understanding in older adults using a variety of assessment methods. Your primary duties will be to help with participant recruitment, testing, data entry and some data analysis, however, you will also be encouraged to contribute to the development of the project as appropriate. You will have recently completed a degree in psychology, neuroscience, audiology, linguistics, or a related field. You will have experience with word processing packages (MS Word), spread-sheets (Excel) and some statistics packages like SPSS. Experience in either of the following fields is a plus: Matlab programming, acoustic-phonetic analysis of speech, recording of speech, cognitive psychology.

The starting salary will be in the range of £21092 - £23506 per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience.  This is supported by a flexible pay and reward policy, and optional MRC final salary Pension Scheme.  We offer 30 days annual leave entitlement.

IHR offers a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment in which to develop new skills and expertise in the field. We offer a benefits package including 30 days annual leave, an excellent pension scheme, learning and development opportunities for transferable skills, and health care benefits.

For further details please visit www.ihr.mrc.ac.uk/vacancies

Applications are handled by the RCUK Shared Service Centre; to apply please visit our job board www.topcareer.jobs and complete an online application form.  Applicants who would like to receive this advert is an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy) or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on 01793 867003, quoting reference number IRC90390.

The MRC is an Equal Opportunities Employer