Low pass filtering of accents - results

Dear List,

Thanks very much to those who responded to my query re: low pass filtering of a video where an actress does 21 different accents.  Some of you may be interested in results produced by Tamás Harczos and Dan Ellis.

Here is the original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k

Courtesy of Tamás Harczos, 3 low-pass filtered versions of this video are available at:

http://mp4.newtom.info/Video%20%28processed%29/

These versions have been audio LP-filtered at 250, 750, and 8000 Hz.  In addition, the 250 Hz and 750 Hz videos have been spatially blurred.  Tamás said:

>> For the 250 Hz version I used these video filters:

>> - temporal smoother (strength: 10)

>> - box blur (radius:3, power:3)

>> - temporal smoother (strength: 10)

>> - box blur (radius:3, power:3)

>> - temporal smoother (strength: 10)

>> - box blur (radius:3, power:3)

>> For the 750 Hz version I removed one pair of filters. These remained:

>> - temporal smoother (strength: 10)

>> - box blur (radius:3, power:3)

>> - temporal smoother (strength: 10)

>> - box blur (radius:3, power:3)

Courtesy of Dan Ellis, here is a version of the video in which the actress’ pitch track is emulated by an amplitude- and frequency-modulated sine wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-uHJ6rQtfM

And a version of the original video, showing the voice pitch track in the lower left corner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cogUjzqe2zg

And finally, a version where her facial movements have been blurred to emulate low-pass filtering of the video image.

About this version, Dan said “I also had a go at "smoothing" the video with a simple one-pole filter (each output frame = 0.9*last output frame + 0.1*this input frame). It doesn't look all that good, because she moves her head around.  But just for your interest.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VuBrhIkkI

Regards,

Ani Patel

Aniruddh D. Patel