Environmental sound synthesizer

Dear list,

people working with environmental sounds may be interested in downloading our synthesizer, recently made available for research purposes. The synthesizer was designed to simulate wind, rain, footsteps, waves and fire sounds, with real-time control of source physics (e.g., rain intensity, wave size, etc.) and spatial properties (3D position and spatial extension). It is compatible with standard loudspeaker setups and headphones (binaural rendering). The synthesizer is available as a standalone application for Mac and Windows. We hope it can be useful to some of you, e.g., for creating stimuli in virtual environments, testing sound classification/processing algorithms, interactive sound installations, etc. The application and related publications are available here: www.charlesverron.com/spad

Regards,

Charles Verron
postdoctoral researcher at CNRS-LMA
www.charlesverron.com