Non-physicians appointed as otolaryngology professors: A survey

Dear all,

I would be most grateful if you could help me out by providing examples of biologists, physicists, psychologists, engineers, etc. (i.e., non medical doctors) that are currently appointed as assisstant, associate or full professors of otology, otolaryngology, audiology, etc. As I understand, this is relatively frequent in the US but certainly not in Spain, my own country.

If you (or someone you know) meet this profile, please let me know by filling in the following Google Docs form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gQd34hjSuV9z15fM6Bu2Ufzrgt8U9wvLXNtnzCF3uN4/viewform

You will be asked to provide your name, position, department, university and country.

I intend to use this information to make a case for Spanish universities to 'open their minds' and start appointing non-medical doctors as professors of otolaryngology or audiology.

Thank you so much in anticipation.

- Enrique

--
Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda, Ph.D.
Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y León