Descent of Pop - re-discovering the charts

Hello everyone,

As posted on the music-ir list, I'd like to share with you our new chart-discovery web-page:

The discovery works in two ways: I can assure you will be surprised to re-discover what music was charting when (and ask yourself why!) — and we'll discover more about our data through your feedback.

This is, of course, a continuation of the work I did in 2011 at Last.fm (e.g. http://blog.last.fm/2011/06/16/percussiveness-and-the-disco-diva) — but which of these trends are actually real and which are down to recording quality?

With your help we will find out! Please check it out:

Cheers,
Matthias

---

Dr. Matthias Mauch
Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellow at the
Centre for Digital Music, Queen Mary, University of London
matthias.mauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://matthiasmauch.net