Re: The climb of absolute pitch

Thank you very much, Sarah, this is very helpful.
If you have these publication on hand, can you give us also an idea how big this effect is?

Kind regards,
Leon

On 01 Dec 2012, at 15:20, Sarah Hargus Ferguson wrote:

Hollien & Shipp (1972) described F0 in males aged 20 to 89 and reported a pattern that has been replicated in several other studies: in males, F0 falls with age until some tipping point (variously reported between 50 and 70 years) and then starts to increase.  For women, there aren?t as many data but it looks like F0 falls with age (e.g. Torre & Barlow 2009).

Sarah Hargus Ferguson, Ph.D., CCC-A

Assistant Professor

Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders

University of Utah

http://www.health.utah.edu/csd/faculty/DrSarahHargusFerguson.html