MTG Friday Download: HPCP-Harmonic Pitch Class Profile vamp plug-in

Please apologize for any cross-posting.
---

Dear list,

Following the great success of our MELODIA - Melody Extraction vamp plugin, we are very pleased to announce the launch of the HPCP - Harmonic Pitch Class Profile vamp plug-in.

The plug-in provides a simple implementation of our chroma feature extraction algorithm which has been used in different applications, e.g. chord detection, key estimation, cover version identification and music  classification.

The plug-in is available online for free download (non-commercial purposes) on: http://mtg.upf.edu/technologies/hpcp

We hope it will serve the research community for evaluating different approaches for chroma feature extraction and for its further exploitation in higher-level music information retrieval tasks.

We are very interested in receiving feedback from the community, please let us know what you think!

Best regards,

Emilia Gómez, Jordi Bonada and the
Music Technology Group of
Universitat Pompeu Fabra.