From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of John O'Connell [johngerardoconnell@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: October 1, 2012 7:40 PM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: using copyrighted audio during an experiment

Hi,

Check out this paper:

Plink: "Thin Slices" of Music
Author(s): Carol L. Krumhansl
Source: Music Perception: An Interdisciplinary Journal, Vol. 27, No. 5
(June 2010), pp. 337-354
Published by: University of California Press
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1525/mp.2010.27.5.337 .

You might send a mail to Carol Krumhansl, perhaps she has already
looked into the whole copyright mess and can offer you some advice...
The experiments detailed in the paper featured music from the
following familiar names  (I'm pretty sure it is all copyrighted ;)

Britney Spears
Aretha Franklin
Britney Spears
Red Hot Chili Pepper