Measuring frequency response

Dear list,

a rather basic question: I need to measure the frequency response of a sound-reproduction chain from the hard drive of a machine to the headphones/earphones that participants will wear. My goals are to know the frequency response itself, and to eventually try to flatten it as much as possible.

I would appreciate optimal-method recommendations for the measurement of the frequency response (e.g., broadband noise vs. sweeps) and/or relevant references. Note that my question is not about which equipment I should use, I already took care of that (artificial ears; good level meter; calibrated mics).

Thank you,

	Bruno

Bruno L. Giordano, PhD
Voice Neurocognition Laboratory (CCNi, Glasgow Univ) &
Affiliate member of Music Research Dept. (McGill Univ, Montréal)