Vacancy @Leuven: cochlear implant signal processing

Dear colleagues,

We would like to announce a vacancy for a Ph.D. student in our lab.
Please forward this message to students who may be interested.

The Ph.D. runs over 4 years and is titled "Signal processing for cochlear implants and hearing aids". The project focuses on developing signal processing for combined cochlear implant and hearing aid stimulation, which is currently a very hot topic.

We offer

  • Exciting auditory research
  • A Ph.D. title after 4 years of research
  • A thorough scientific education, the possibility to become a world-class researcher
  • Membership of a world-renowned lab, as part of a motivated interdisciplinary team
  • Membership of KU Leuven, one of the largest research universities of Europe
  • The possibility to take part in international conferences and collaborations
  • A competitive salary

We require

  • A degree in electrical or biomedical engineering, physics, or similar
  • A background in signal processing
  • An interest in auditory perception
  • An inquisitive mind, good problem solving skills
  • Very good English proficiency
  • Knowledge of human neurophysiology and psychology of hearing is a benefit

For more information, please refer to
https://gilbert.med.kuleuven.be/web/index.php/Public:PhD_Vacancy_bimodal_stimulation

with kind regards,

Jan Wouters & Tom Francart
ExpORL, Dept Neurosciences, University of Leuven, KU Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32 16 33 04 76