Re: GLM fit or Cubic smoothing spline for categorical boundary data??

Dear Pragati

A disadvantage of splines is that the estimated boundary will be strongly affected by data points close to the boundary, and independent of the values at the extremes. Ideally you'd want to use all the data points, weighted by the number of trials at each point.

Chapter and verse on how to fit PFs with maximum likelihoods can be found in Treutwin & Strasburger, "Fitting the psychometric function", Perception and Psychophysics, 1999 (61(1) 87-106.

Mark Huckvale