Re: How do I measure resonance?

Proceed with caution when driving body resonances.  I don't
know about the head specifically, but there are well-known
studies from the early space-race era where body resonances
were explored.  Certain low frequencies (7 Hz in
particular) caused violent gastrointestinal problems as the
internal organs gyrated around under resonance.  I also
recall a much earlier experiment with a large low-frequency
steam whistle which caused illness when tested on
unsuspecting factory workers.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

--------------------
On 12 Mar 2012 at 13:55, Gordon, Michael wrote:

> Dear List,
>

> I'm hoping some of you might have a few ideas about how one can measure
> the resonant characteristics of the human body? Specifically I'm trying
> to figure out what the resonant frequencies of a person's head/skull
> might be. Is there a way or established methods to do this? Are there
> any dangers to playing the resonant frequency of a person's head to
> them?
>

> I'm hoping to do some investigations into whether the resonant
> characteristics of a person's body might interact with various acoustic
> perceptual judgments. Many thanks in advance for your responses.
>

> You are welcome to email me directly and I will post a summary of
>

> Cheers,
>

> Mike
>

> --
>
> Dr. Michael S. Gordon
>
> Department of Psychology
>
> William Paterson University
>
> Gordonm10@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Gordonm10@xxxxxxxxx>

Bob Masta

            D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
           www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator
    Science with your sound card!