postdoctoral position, McGill University

Postdoctoral position in Montreal

A postdoctoral position is available at McGill University, Montreal,
Canada from June 2012, to work on sensorimotor integration in music and
speech with Professor Caroline Palmer in the Sequence Production lab
(http://www.mcgill.ca/spl/), funded by NSERC and Canada Research Chairs.

We develop models of auditory memory and motor functions in music and
speech, with an emphasis on multimodal integration and temporal
coordination. Our approach is formal/computational and behavioural, with
use of motion capture, acoustic and EEG measurements, and we have strong
collaborations with music neuroscience labs in the Montreal community
(more details at http://www.mcgill.ca/spl/)

The position is funded for two years. The stipend is commensurate with
experience and the position includes health coverage. Successful
candidates will have a PhD in psychology, kinesiology, computer science or
a related field and a research record in auditory cognition/motor
performance. Candidates should send their applications (including a letter
of interest, a CV and contact information for 2-3 references) to Caroline
Palmer at SPLpostdoc@xxxxxxxxx . Applications will be accepted until April
15, 2012 and the position will be filled in summer 2012. Please contact me
for further details on specific projects.

Caroline Palmer
Professor, Dept of Psychology
Canada Research Chair
McGill University