Re: American English sentence corpora

Try the TIMIT corpus.

Fisher, William M.; Doddington, George R. and Goudie-Marshall, Kathleen M. (1986). "The DARPA Speech Recognition Research Database: Specifications and Status". Proceedings of DARPA Workshop on Speech Recognition. pp. 93–99.

See the URL
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC93S1
-Pierre