PhD thesis announcement

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce the not-so-recent completion of my PhD at the
Sonic Arts Research Centre (SARC) in Belfast. In the last four years, I
have conducted practiced-based research on artistic strategies for
enhancing aural awareness in everyday environments.

The outcome of this work comprises a portfolio of eight artworks
(directed listening scores, sound installations and public
interventions) as well as a written thesis. The thesis entitled

  "The Revolution is Hear! Sound Art, the Everyday and Aural Awareness"

is now available online at

  http://flo.mur.at/writings/phd_thesis/

The portfolio will be uploaded to the same site at a later stage. For
now, please refer to the appendix of the thesis for documentation
regarding the artworks, or contact me directly.

I would be more than interested in receiving your feedback on this body
of work and encourage you to share your ideas, criticisms and general
comments with me!

Thanks to everybody at SARC for their great support of this project over
the last years, in particular to Dr. Pedro Rebelo and Prof. Michael
Alcorn for their supervision. This research project was made possible by
a SPUR studentship from Queen's University Belfast.

Kind regards,
Florian Hollerweger