Re: dynamic compression of comertials

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, Peter Lennox wrote:

>  This means that, in theory, one could build into a TV set an automatic
> (and user adjustable) advertisement-tamer (you could even duck it
> completely, which is what many people do with the remote control)or
> cause it to be automatically substituted with nice, soothing, ambient MP3
> material

Hmm, this remembers me to the invention of VCRs that could skip ads, which
led to lawsuits. I don't remember how these concluded, though.
http://www.out-law.com/page-2661

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *