Re: dynamic compression of comertials

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, Zlatan Ribic wrote:

> compressed comertials in broadcasting are much louder if compared with
> "standard" program. Is there any norm limiting this misuse?

I don't know what you mean by "norm". As far as I know, in several
European countries there are laws against it, but I don't know if they are
any effective in practice (for example whether the loudness of commercials
is monitored regularly, or only when someone complains officially).

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *