9 Month Research Assistant position in Cambridge

Apologies for any cross-posting…

Research Assistant

Cambridge

The MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit (CBSU) is an internationally renowned research institute with state-of-the-art cognitive facilities.

Applications are invited for a Research Assistant to perform and analyse experiments investigating human hearing, including tests of sound segregation and pitch perception by normal-hearing listeners, patients with cochlear implants, and patients with Auditory Brainstem Implants.  This is a fixed term position for 9 months.

You will be highly motivated and proactive, with a degree in psychology, physiology, engineering, audiology, or a closely related subject. Experience in scientific research, particularly with human volunteers, is important, as is familiarity with computer programming and statistics. Experience with testing hearing-impaired or cochlear-implant listeners is desirable. Good communication skills plus the ability to work as part of a team are essential.

The starting salary will be in the range of £20,074 - £23,056 per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience.  This is supported by a flexible pay and reward policy, and optional MRC final salary Pension Scheme.  We offer 30 days annual leave entitlement.

Applications are handled by the RCUK Shared Services Centre; to apply please visit our job board at https://ext.ssc.rcuk.ac.uk and complete an online application form.  Applicants who would like to receive this advert in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on 01793 867003, Please quote reference number IRC30112.

Closing date: 30 September 2011

This position is subject to pre-employment screening

The Medical Research Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer

Dr Bob Carlyon,

Programme Leader,

MRC Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit,

15 Chaucer Rd.,

Cambridge,

CB2 7EF,

England.

tel: +44 1223 355294

Support research into deafness, and make my legs ache: visit

www.justgiving.com/Bob-Carlyon  to find out how & why