[no subject]

Dear List,

Can anyone tell me what systemally happens to a males voice when the pitch of it is increased by five semi tones? Is any information lost? Or are the frequencies too high for humans to be able to hear all of the components of that the original voice contains when the voice's pitch is altered? I somewhat understand the pitch, but I am unable to understand what actually happens to a human voice when the pitch is changed by a number of semi tones. If anyone knows about pitch change how humans percieve pitch changes I would be interested in knowing.

Thank you,
Brittany Guidone