From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Massimo Grassi
Sent: 08 June 2011 09:42
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: quick and cheap setup for localization experiment

Dear all,

I've been asked by a doctor of the local hospital to organize a set of
psychoacoustical tests for two teenagers that will receive the cochlear
implant the next month.
The idea is to test the auditory skills before and after the implant.
(Note that the girls will receive the implant in one ear only at the
beginning.)

I was thinking also to get a measure of localization skills. And here
come the questions:
1) can a lateralization experiment (i.e., performed with headphones) be
a reliable estimate of localization skills?
2) does anybody have suggestions about a possible DIY, easy-to-build and
cheap setup for a localization experiment? (pictures are welcome)

Thank you all in advance,

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this email was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this email. Please direct any concerns to Infosec@xxxxxxxxxxxx
The policy is available here: http://www.derby.ac.uk/LIS/Email-Policy