History of Music Cognition

Dear list,

We are planning an exploratory workshop entitled “History of Music Cognition” (by which we mean history of the cognition of musical structure) and will soon apply for funding from the European Science Foundation. We want as many European countries to be represented at the conference as possible. We are specifically looking for music historians, music theorists, music psychologists, and computational musicologists (or institutes or research groups in these areas) from Eastern or Southern Europe who have done research relevant to the topic of the conference. If you know someone please reply off-list.

Yours,

Fabio Kaiser

Centre for Systematic Musicology

Uni Graz, Austria