Re: perception of time / duration of sounds

On 4 Feb 2011 at 17:52, Clemens Kuhn-Rahloff wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Can anyone direct me to publications on the perception
> of time related to audio and/or the perceived duration
> of sounds? Any references are welcome (from short
> impulses to perceived duration of music).

"Thinking In Sound", edited by Stephen McAdams and Emmanuel
Bigand (1993, 2001 Oxford University Press) has a chapter
by Mari Riess Jones and William Yee entitled "Attending to
auditory events: the role of temporal organization".  This
chapter also has an extensive References section (nearly 7
pages, about 140 citations).

Best regards,

Bob Masta

            D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
           www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator
    Science with your sound card!