Re: perception of time / duration of sounds

Clemens:

There is, as you might expect, a vast literature on durational estimation, perception, and action-coordination.  I cover a bit of the literature in my book on musical meter (*Hearing in Time*, Oxford U.P. 2004).

It also matters greatly the context in which an auditory duration is heard--within a series of sounds?  Filled versus unfilled?  Etc., Etc.

Good Luck!
Justin London