Von: piotr@xxxxxxxxxx
Datum: 25.01.2011 10:27
An: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: High-frequency hearing in humans

Dear list,

I'm looking for the reasons for the good high-frequency* hearing  in humans.

The reasons I have until now are actually the obvious ones:
* Pinna localization cues
* Interaural level cues (ILD, they actually start to work from around 2 kHz)

What do you think: if there were no need for the ILD and pinna cues,
would there be any other reasons?

Thanks,

Piotr
*) say, above 8 kHz

--
Piotr Majdak
Psychoacoustics and Experimental Audiology